Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
RB20DET misfire/ rough idle - Hardtuned.net

RB20DET misfire/ rough idle 

2 replies to this topic

#1 DeathNoteS13

• Car:1990 s13 RB20DET

Posted 07 November 2015 - 12:53 PM

Hey everyone,

Just though I would get opinions on an issue that I am having with my Rb20Det.

It seems to be misfiring (off one cylinder no.4 from what I can source), running rich, and idle hunts roughly (dependent on weather, cold it likes).

So far I have done the following:
Changed spark plugs.
New coil packs.
Tested another igniter.
Checked for vacuum leaks, none I can find.
Blow off is running to atmosphere, and is leaking, although putting hand over it simply makes it cut out.
Running a Mines ECU, and changed to a stock one, however this has made no noticeable difference. (I contacted Mines, still yet to hear regarding tuning). Doubtful that it has bigger injectors in it since both ECUs react the same.
Running an eBay MAF

The only other issue that I had with this engine when I got it was that the cam angle that come with it wasn't actually a Rb20 one, so I have already changed this and corrected timing.

The engine is actually in an S13, but I thought this topic would be more relevant here.

Any thoughts? The Rb is kind of new territory for me since I'm used to my old Ca. I have nearly done everything that I was told was common problems.

Cheers Guys.

Attached Thumbnails

• Attached Image: 12141126_1053152894724579_4137398413116817311_o.jpg

#2 adm15

• Car:s15

Posted 07 November 2015 - 05:51 PM

EBay maf's are usually trouble. If u can borrow a genuine Nissan maf of someone in known working condition that will give u an idea if that is your issue.

#3 DeathNoteS13

• Car:1990 s13 RB20DET

Posted 07 November 2015 - 06:15 PM

View Postadm15, on 07 November 2015 - 05:51 PM, said:

EBay maf's are usually trouble. If u can borrow a genuine Nissan maf of someone in known working condition that will give u an idea if that is your issue.

Hmm, cheap is good, but you get what you pay for I guess. It was the only sensor I was unsure about, cheers for the heads up. Adding it to the list. :thumb:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!