removing rear quarter windows? 

8 replies to this topic

#1 ROYC33

• Car:r33 gtst series 2

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:55 PM

hey every one. gota bit off a problem with rust underand around the rear quarter windows. noother place on the car, just around those two windows. has any one else had thins problem? im thinking of taking it to a window place to get removed, then do the repairs and painting myself and taking it back to window place to get windows put back in. how much about should this cost? how much are new window surrounds? or alternatively how hard is it to remove and install windows yourself? iv asked a while ago when i got my front window replaced and they said the quarter windows would be heaps more, but not sure if it was labour was the main expense or the actual glass and surrounds. and its on an s2 r33 gtst.
thanks if anyone can help my predicament.

#2 _PLEZA

• Car:s13 sr20det blacktop

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:51 AM

i work for obrien glass (not the windscreens section) but i have done windscreens and quarter panels before and believe me it isnt easy. without the right tools you will never get things back in the same way you took them out and it will take you ages to remove it

#3 geraus

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:45 AM

Yep very hard, to take out the rear qaurter panels i had to use a thin blade, and i kept on scraping out the black seal. Get a proffesional window guy! he will do it more quicker!

#4 ROYC33

• Car:r33 gtst series 2

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:57 PM

iv heard that it can be done using guitar or piano wire to cut out window? time wont be an issue, and how about the metal stripthat runs allong the seal? are they gettable?

#5 MidnightMods

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:25 PM

I used wiper sniper wire. Took about 25

#6 blingcommander

• Car:Scooty-Puff Jr.

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:32 PM

i payed the windscreen joint $150 to remove both the 1/4 windows and the front and rear screens... that way i didn't break them :lol:

#7 51580

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:20 PM

farr thats soo expensive

#8 MidnightMods

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:23 PM

51580, on 24 July 2011 - 04:20 PM, said:

farr thats soo expensive

Its $150, not $1500...

#9 Carbyturbedbluebird

• Car:C110 240k, R33 GTSt

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:03 AM

ive stripped all the window s out of my 33, and them rear quarters are by far the hardest to get out, they are not laminated glass so will shatters into a million pieces if they flex when being removed..

btw, $150 is cheap as chips to get all ya glass removed professionally.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!