Warning: Illegal string offset 'html' in /home/nissansi/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_topic.php on line 907
Rb25det into R32 - Hardtuned.net

Rb25det into R32 

Rb25det Rb20det R32 R33 Skyline Conversion Install Radiator Turbo Intake
7 replies to this topic

#1 Markca18

• Car:S13

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:20 PM

Hey everyone.
I need help, tips and pointers from people who have done this before or know information on it.
So I don't want people saying "go rb20 it's easy" or asking how much power I want. I'm just getting it together and running standard not going massive power now.
I have a r32 skyline rolling shell and putting a series 2 rb25det into it.
I have gearbox n the custom mounts to fit the 32, the motor and other bits and pieces.

1st, question would be, is a rb20det radiator the same as a rb25det? If not will a rb25det radiator fit in the standard brackets in the r32?

2nd, the loom and ecu I still need to buy but want to know will it all plug and go or do I need to customize the loom to fit the r32 and if so is it a small easy job or do I need it professionally done? Does someone have a step by step instructions for it?

3rd, when I got the car it came with the exhaust from the cat back but no cat, the bolt pattern is 3 bolts and seems to be 4", now I have looked up r32 and r33 cars and they are 2 bolt does anyone have a idea what the 3 bolt goes to?

4th, can someone tag the how to thread for installing a forward facing plenum on a rb25, I have been searching and can't find it.

Thanks everyone in advance, I'm sure I'll have more and more questions but a lot of help would be great thanks
Mark

#2 blingcommander

• Car:Scooty-Puff Jr.

Posted 25 January 2014 - 10:02 PM

1: no. you need to use the r32 radiator. r33 one is much too tall
2: no. it needs to be changed a bit to work. have a look on sau
3: doesn't make sense. put up pics. sounds very unlikely to have a 4 inch exhaust
4: it bolts on... not much more to it than that. it is a backwards step fitting one anyway

#3 scott black

• Car:180sx w/ RB25

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:17 PM

dont put a forward facing plenum, i did on my sky80 for bonnet clearance before i converted the front end, and i lost sooooooo much power from that on a near stock engine, up top is still the same yet so much torque down low.

#4 Markca18

• Car:S13

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:38 PM

That's for the help, sorry for getting back late been busy.
Well the exhaust doesn't bother me now since I'm getting a turbo back exhaust for it now.
I have given up on the forward plenum, was mostly wanting to do it to clean up the engine and because I'm running a intercooler that's one pipe in each side, but just goin standard.
I know the r33 and r32 run different plugs to the gearbox but they are the same in mine.

Also I know people have had trouble with rb25 gearbox in a r32 because the drive shaft between gearbox and diff are different lengths from r33 and r32, what's the best way around this? I've been told r32 drive shaft and a r33 yoke.

#5 scott black

Posted 24 February 2014 - 06:16 PM

Simple way is using the r32 manual box, though it's really weak, if you use the r33 box then it's a custom cross member I think and get a new tailshaft made.

#6 mr031

• Car:s13 silvia

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:11 PM

if your in Brisbane, pm me if you need the wiring done professionally mate

#7 ieat8s

• Car:R32 Skyline Coupe

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:14 AM

Does the 32 k frame need to be changed or modded?

#8 scott black

Posted 27 September 2014 - 03:39 PM

nope, you use the r32 kframe with the rb20 r32 engine mounts and engine mount brackets as they all bolt up to the rb25, if you want to use the r33 engine mounts and engine mount brackets then you need to use an r33 kframe

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!