Sign in to follow this  
Lucas.

4x4 Pics and vids

Taken from Tundrasolutions.com...

Alright quick update: I have recently made my own lift for the ol girl. I basically cut my frame off in the front where both lca mounts are and lowered them down 4.75". I tracked down 2 tuff country turn knuckles on ebay (the ones that come with their lift) and installed them to accomodate for the extra distance between the lca's and uca's. They came with new wheel bearings and upper ball joints. I installed poly bearings from energy suspension on all 4 control arms as well as my steering rack. I had to bend my brake lines a little different, route my power steering lines a little different, and extend my sway bar links also. And get it professionally aligned (obviously) haha. But now I have a lifted front end for around $400 (knuckles, labor to press in old hubs, bushings, turned rotors, and scrap steel) After I had it all operable I made a nice lookin brace between the lowered front mounts, and tied it into the frame. I also extended my bump stops so that I wouldnt trash my shocks. I also plan on bracing them between the 2 lowered subframes but I need to get my 4wd rig job figured out first, then work around that.

I did the rear several weeks ago, and That was quite the project. I removed my whole rear end, leaf springs, everything. While I had it all off I painted/undercoated everything under there. I got a leaf added by a custom spring place nearby for 2" of lift and 600lbs capacity increase. I also made my own shackle flip mounts, and removed the old ones (the rivets were a nightmare) and bolted these ones in the same position. I also installed poly bushings on my leafs. Also, I installed 2" blocks. This was all a total of 6" of lift. In order to achieve this I had to get a longer braided brake line, and extend my shocks (just cut off the mounting bushing, and welded 6" of rebar between the bottom of the shock and the bushing) Anyhow its been 2 weeks since I've had it completely done and i'm very satisfied! ive been bomb running what few dirt roads we have around here with no issues. I am currently collecting parts and information to make this beast a 4wd machine. I will make a nice write up when that's done (could be a while). Hope you enjoy!

SAM_1331.jpg

SAM_1326.jpg

SAM_1328.jpg

SAM_1298.jpg

SAM_1295.jpg

SAM_1293.jpg

SAM_1290.jpg

SAM_1287.jpg

SAM_1286.jpg

100_4857.jpg

what the actual f**k. another fine example of big gay trucks from big gay truck land. notice the lack of front diff/drive shaft & CV's

dafuqq? that thing is a death trap

Edited by Rocky88

there is so much of that sort of crap in the states it's not funny... still not sure what's worse, the reo-bar rear shock extensions or the manual conversion.

Just come across this on Patrol4x4......

"End of July car rolled off on its own down a hill n wedged its self between 2 tree's Punching drives door n guard and snapping everthing under its front end and totaling smashing the **** out of drives and passenger floor pan All this happened on Saturday around 2ish so i 2nded up spending the night out bush on my own in zero temp in the snow as everyone else went home to get recover cars n a trailer to tow it home"

376910_424181274286992_845012926_n.jpg

fark that's a trip ender.... wonder what made it "roll away" not leaving it in gear or shitty park brake.

Shitty park brake i would say.. They ain't the best at times. :lol:

haha that made me laugh, was waiting for it to flip :P

/waits for a comment from a certain someone saying its his mates car.

been working up in port hedland lately, me and a mate secured a little 4x4 to have some fun in

zook with a 2" lift, 29" tyres, rear air locker and 50mm bolt in spacers all round :)

IMG_2796_zpsaee28f7e.jpg

add some spotties, a clean and some paint to the rims

zook_zps5c9e9e9e.jpg

and its quite a capable little rig, some good tracks up here, pretty much go where ever you want and no one cares

IMG_2805_zps1d40ceae.jpg

be4ach_zpsff567b05.jpg

IMG_2849_zpsadfab829.jpg

and a normal weekend at the servo, just roll in on the quad and fill up, lol

IMG_2842_zps30f6d0bd.jpg

That's wicked!

No cops out there, or they just don't care? :lol:

i've seen 2 cops in 6 weeks, they basically dont care. we just had one of them shake his head at us as we cruised down the highway, covered in mud(inside and out) with tyres hanging out the gaurds.

and with the quad, there are tracks everywhere, as long as you only cross the highway and not ride down it, they dont seem to mind.

bhwhaahha that's crazy they the cops don't give a fig... the sierra with those mods would be a hoot to drive.

just a few more days & i'll be ripping up endless dunes in the new bus, can't f**king wait... been an epic month to be ready for it.

9500CD68-AC9F-4D44-9360-C4F393AD7869-4761-000009EE5029A779_zps61f696ae.jpg

IMGP9827.JPG

IMGP9813.JPG

Edited by atari4x4

Sierra is fun when 4wding, but it sucks balls for highway stuff.

Some of the tracks and beaches are about an hour out of town, top speed of 98km/h is ghey.

Ever tried passing a semi towing 4 huge trailers when you can only do 8km/h more than them. Not fun. Lol.

Just scored a rn105r hilux for myself. Dual cab tray back, running 31"s and a small lift.

Gonna do shackle extensions and 33" tyres with a nice and short tray ending at the end of the chassis, prob just a welded rear diff for now. Not bad for a free car :)

Maybe I'll extend the tray instead of shorten it. Then get some long ass ramps and throw it on the back. :)

not a bad turnout for the long weekend in the dunes... was just the right amount of 4wds.

IMGP4114.JPG

55940_4013043396742_1322278558_o.jpg

I saw that at beach port last time I was there. Friggen huge.

I wish I had taken some photos of the 4x4s people have in Thailand. They make everything here look pathetic. Im guessing they have no modification restrictions there though as some of the 4x4s might as well just be monster trucks.

Looks like a good little club, few tough rigs.

Edited by Softy

so does that hilux handle well with the coil spaces etc?

the black one? apart from tram lining like a mofo on those tyres (TSL Boggers) it would drive alright, bit like a drunken horse... you'd want to change the diff ratio's to counter act the increase in tyre size as it would be as doughy as f**k to drive & low range would suck.

it would be something similar to the Arctic Trucks Red Hliux's used in the Top Gear episodes, essentially a basic lift kit with a massive front subframe drop in the front lowering the whole diff & control arms etc & in the rear it's most likely lifted leaf springs + longer shackles & spacer blocks between the axle tube & leaf then shocks to suit & maybe a body lift but doesn't look like it.

is it just me or does that rear tube bar/step have 2 massive kinks as bends on each corner... pretty hack if it is for a display 4wd. :lol:

Edited by atari4x4

the black one? apart from tram lining like a mofo on those tyres (TSL Boggers) it would drive alright, bit like a drunken horse... you'd want to change the diff ratio's to counter act the increase in tyre size as it would be as doughy as f**k to drive & low range would suck.

it would be something similar to the Arctic Trucks Red Hliux's used in the Top Gear episodes, essentially a basic lift kit with a massive front subframe drop in the front lowering the whole diff & control arms etc & in the rear it's most likely lifted leaf springs + longer shackles & spacer blocks between the axle tube & leaf then shocks to suit & maybe a body lift but doesn't look like it.

is it just me or does that rear tube bar/step have 2 massive kinks as bends on each corner... pretty hack if it is for a display 4wd. laugh.png

yeah, the rear bar was made by the owner (as was most of the rear frame barwork, dude has a nice old spattering going on here and there haha)

apparently the gear ratios musta been done, as it cruises at 1800rpm at 100kph on the northern expressway. think he's possibly had reduction gears done in the transfer, and its running rich as f**k so the DP chip is turned right up :lol: