Sign in to follow this  
A31Cefiro

MMA chat

The machida shogun fight is going to be a hard one to call.

Last fight was rather controversial in my opinion.

I got my money on shogun

anticeptik, i agree with you,

machida looked great against Rashad Evans, but all his unorthodox tehcnique seemed to be nullified by the way shogun attacked him with the legs etc. and didnt allow him to always play the counter striker,

Im sure Machida will be trying a slightly different game this time, as shoguns legs chomped him.

Anybody watching TUF11?

Looks like there's some serious talent amongst the group.

Im not watching it but a mate is, he reckons the aussie bloke on it looks pretty good and is a favorite to win anyone now who he is, supposedly used to work for Steve Irwin?

Yeah the Aussie guy is Kyle 'KO' Noke. He was Chuck's first pick.

Record 16 - 4 - 1

Wins

6 (T)KOs ( 37.5 %)

5 Submissions ( 31.25 %)

5 Decisions ( 31.25 %)

Losses 1 (T)KOs ( 25 %)

1 Submissions ( 25 %)

2 Decisions ( 50 %)

Association Integrated Martial Arts Australia

Height 6'0" (183cm)

Weight 185lbs (84kg)

Chucks assistant coaches have said he's very well rounded and if he has a weak point they haven't found it in training or seen it in his qualifying or first fights.

I hate that gollywog looking fella lol

In other news if Tito gets charged his ufc career could be

"ALLLLL OVERRRRRR"

lol ba doom tish

Yeah Mez, if Tito is found guilty of domestic abuse then it's BAD for the UFC, the last thing they need the idiot masses thinking is that the fighters look for opponents at home.

Some of the comments that have been thrown about my workplace have been gold.

Jenna's probably used to copping a shot in the face, just not with a fist.

She's probably quite used to a good fisting.

Her face was tighter than her vag, so Tito fisted that instead.

I dont reckon he did it, Jenna's a crack whore. Then again I dont care for Tito, so I dont really care about the outcome (As long as it doesnt affect UFC)

Also lol at worker comments

at least its the first fight TITO might have won in 3yrs

Edited by koukicam

at least its the first fight TITO might have won in 3yrs

Only because his opponent was completely drugged f**ked and out of it.

any more news on what dana has decided to do with Anderson Silva?

are we getting UFC 113 live on one or only PPV again on foxtel?

EDIt: seems to be on Main Event only, when would One replay it?

Anderson silva is fighting Chael Sonnen at UFC117 headlining it

Dont think they replay any cards on one yet 110 was a once off

Im not watching it but a mate is, he reckons the aussie bloke on it looks pretty good and is a favorite to win anyone now who he is, supposedly used to work for Steve Irwin?

Yeah he used to be Steve Irwins bodyguard and Steve Irwins family actually paid him to go and train in the states because they saw his potential I guess.

Anyway my picks

UFC 113

* Light Heavy Championship bout: Mauricio Rua

* Welterweight bout:Josh Koscheck

* Lightweight bout: Jeremy Stephens

* Heavyweight bout: Kimbo Slice with a huge knockout I hate Matt Mitrione and Kimbo's spiritual stuff is hilarious

* Middleweight bout: Patrick Côté submission of the night

I think Machida will cain Rua.

I think he is too smart and will outclass him, just cant see him loosing.

Go Machida!

I think Machida will cain Rua.

I think he is too smart and will outclass him, just cant see him loosing.

Go Machida!

I don't go for anyone who drinks there own urine =p

It will be a good fight. Think Machida will win but its going to come down to who has the best plan to nullify the opponents strengths.

Looks like Ruas back to his pride form very nice KO

Full results vs my tips (in red) - I didn't do so well with 2/5 for the main card.

Main Card

*Mauricio "Shogun" Rua defeats Lyoto Machida by TKO (Strikes) - Round 1 @ 3:35 - Shogun Rua becomes the new UFC LHWChamp

*Josh Koscheck defeats Paul Daley by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

*Jeremy Stephens defeats Sam Stout by Split Decision (30-27, 29-28, 28-29)

*Matt Mitrione defeats Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson by TKO (Punches) - Round 2 @ 4:24

*Alan Belcher defeats Patrick Cote via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) - Round 2 @ 3:25

Preliminary Card

*Joe Doerksen defeats Tom Lawlor via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) - Round 2 @ 2:10

*Marcus Davis defeats Jonathan Goulet by TKO (Punches) - Round 2 @ 1:23

*Johny Hendricks defeats T.J. Grant by Majority Decision (29-27, 29-27, 28-28)

*Joey Beltran defeats Tim Hague by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-26, 29-28)

*Mike Guymon defeats Yoshiyuki Yoshida by Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)

*John Salter defeats Jason MacDonald by TKO (Injury) - Round 1 @ 2:42 - MacDonald injured ankle

Paul Daley might have some explaining to do and a fine for walking after Koscheck and throwing a punch at him some 5 seconds after the fight had ended. Given all the shit that went on between Mayhem Miller & the Diaz brothers incident at Strikeforce.

Just watched post fight press conference and Dana said Daley will never fight again in the UFC think hes sending a message to all fighters

in the UFC as daley is young and has plenty to offer , was a stupid thing to do as much as i think KOS is a wanker

Just watched post fight press conference and Dana said Daley will never fight again in the UFC think hes sending a message to all fighters

in the UFC as daley is young and has plenty to offer , was a stupid thing to do as much as i think KOS is a wanker

He has to put his foot down after the bad publicity a few MMA fighters have been giving their sport over the last few weeks - Tito's alleged assualt & the Strikeforce bullshit.

firstly I still havent seen 113 and I cant find anywhere to watch it online, Please if you have some sites post them up I dont want to know the results till I can watch it

firstly I still havent seen 113 and I cant find anywhere to watch it online, Please if you have some sites post them up I dont want to know the results till I can watch it

have u tried going to OVGUIDE.COM that might be able to give you a site that you can watch it on its hard to find them as the ufc is cracking down on sites that show them

due to copyright.

Probably best to steer clear of this topic if you havent watched PPV as some of us have and like to chat about what happened.

British welterweight mixed martial artist Paul Daley has put out an apology to Josh Koscheck, the UFC, and MMA fans after throwing a punch at his opponent after their three-round contest was over on Saturday night in Montreal.

Dana White, the UFC president, had reacted immediately after the event that Daley would be cut from the UFC roster following his actions. Daley flew back to the UK, five hours after the event. After landing in the UK, he put out this statement.

I have also interviewed him. More to follow…

Daley said: “I’ve had a long flight home to consider my actions and regret the mistake I made on Saturday. I would like to apologise to the UFC and the Athletic Commission for what I’ve done as well as all the fans and sponsors that support me.”

“I would also like to offer my sincerest apologies to Josh Koscheck who did not deserve the cheap shot I threw. He did what he needed to do in order to win the fight and get the job done, and I foolishly reacted to the situation.”

“There is no excuse for my actions and I know what I did was very unprofessional. I was immensely frustrated by a collection of things that took place throughout the fight as well as leading up to it, but I’m certainly not trying to condone or excuse my actions.”

“Josh implemented his game plan perfectly taking me down and staying on top of me for the majority of the fight. I was also frustrated about him claiming (and acting like) I knee’d him in the head on the ground when it was clear for all to see in the video replay that I didn’t connect at all with the knee I threw.”

“Then finally, the verbal abuse Josh hit me with in the final 30 seconds of the fight simply pushed me over the edge and my frustrations came out as I knew I’d lost the fight, was unhappy with my own performance and had then been ridiculed by my opponent to top things off.”

“This is certainly no excuse for my actions; I fully deserve to be punished for what I did and hope that everyone I have disappointed can forgive my rash decision. I feel very disappointed in myself for losing my cool and hope that I am able to address my temperament and bounce back from this low point in my career.”

“I feel ashamed and embarrassed by what I did and hope that together my team and I can get through this issue. It will be a long road back from where I am now to earning the trust and respect of the UFC and the MMA fans that have supported me for so long, I know I’ve let you all down but I’m determined to make it up to you all.”

I saw it last night late at a mates place so only watched the main fights.

Good on Shogun, came out very aggressive and hammered Machida. Machida landed a few good shots but I don't think he was anticipating Shogun to attack him like he did. I liked how Shogun stopped punching when he saw Machida was knocked out despite the referee not forcing him to. A few other fighters would have kept on hitting.

Paul Daley should definitely cop a punishment for what he did but banning him outright for the rest of his life? I think that's harsh. Fine him massively, suspend him for a certain timeframe, make him fight on the undercards whatever. He is an idiot, disrespectful, bad sport etc but the life ban is harsh. Josh fought a fight that he had to. It was clear that Daley's stand up was better than his so he had to take it to the ground. Reminded me of his victory over Chris Lebmen in TUF. Boring but effective...

I think Kimbo is gone but I hope not. Dana has already said he is cutting him from the roster and I can understand why. Any person who fights him has to avoid the punches for the first 2 minutes, kick him in the legs and then wait for him to gas out. However if Kimbo persists, I reckon Dana may give him another chance just because he is 'Kimbo' and the fans would want to see it.

Dana wants to be careful about cuting Daley, Strikeforce is growing stronger and they'd happily place him on their roster.

Dana wants to be careful about cuting Daley, Strikeforce is growing stronger and they'd happily place him on their roster.

If they do lose Daley it would be bad as i like his style nice and aggressive but Jake Shields is apparently coming to UFC so

that will kind of make up for it.I think the only thing Strikeforce has is Fedor and Overeem most of the other fighters are ex

UFC fighters that didnt get there contracts renewed, its only getting recognition cause its on normal tv not PPV

True, most of the good fighters on the Strikeforce card are former UFC fighters but they're getting attention and Strikeforce is growing.

Kimbo will no doubt be going back there after the UFC drops him too.

I cant beleive they are dropping Kimbo, is it just because he has lost 2 fights?

I really did think Machida was going to Win, but I guess everyone has to loose some day

I cant beleive they are dropping Kimbo, is it just because he has lost 2 fights?

I really did think Machida was going to Win, but I guess everyone has to loose some day

It's because he's all hype. He did nothing against Houston Alexander yet somehow was gifted the win by the judges, lost BADLY to Roy Nelson, was embarrassed in 14 seconds by Seth Petruzelli in another series and lost badly to Mitrione.

He's not worth promoting as an MMA fighter when he hasn't really made the progression to being one.