Sign in to follow this  
braden r32

R32 rb25 conversion

planning on putting a rb25det into my r32gts.

Wondering if its just a clean swap of motor n computer or if i need to do a few mods.

any tips will be welcome thanks

wiring loom needs to be modded slightly to suit r32 body harness. if your going to use rb25 gearbox, tailshaft will need to have the yoke changed. plus reverse lights and speedo sorted out.

i used rb30 engine mounts and bolted straight in.

Or you can remove all the old sensors/ Fit them to rb25. Run a rb20 ecu with nistune with a vct controller. You can also use the 20 box as long as your gentle that way you dont need to get a tailshaft made up.

lmfao 20 box for what a week ??

Why the hate.

I've had a 20 box behind my 25 for 4 track days, still going strong. Maybe you can't dump third but they're still a strong box

depends what the 25det is making, If you're pushing decent power I wouldnt count on it lasting long, it will get you by though depends how you drive I suppose.

rb30det with 270rwkw and 990nm of torque and a excedy 3 puk 1200lb clutch kit and 20det gearbox lasted 3 track days, a skid comp, and a day at the drag strip, and since then its done another track day behind a 26 with 220rwkw and its still going strong now lol, just have to be gentle with the limit drops.

as for 25 into r32, its very simple, use your old engine mounts from the 20, use the alternator and starter motor from the 20 and that peice of loom, and then you modify the 25 engine loom to suit the body loom, 4 wires to get the motor running, constant power, ignition power, fuel pump and injector power, then you have rev counter and water temp and all done

potentially stupid question but seems fitting here. does the r33 gearbox x member work on a 32? 32 x member is to far forward and only 2 holes line up.

potentially stupid question but seems fitting here. does the r33 gearbox x member work on a 32? 32 x member is to far forward and only 2 holes line up.

Heaps of people use just the two bolts fine

I only use 2 holes, no problems

Heaps of people use just the two bolts fine

i need to get mine through blue slip and i dont think the 2 bolt setup will pass.

get someone to weld up a new mount? not a hard job shouldnt cost too much

get someone to weld up a new mount? not a hard job shouldnt cost too much

i actually fabbed up a mount for the setup when it was in the track car but am not sure if it will pass blue slip or not. was chasing a backup plan as much as anything.

Does anyone know if the r32 engine mounts and brackets will work on the rb25? Ive been told they sit a bit lower for better bonnet clearance.